Monday, May 14, 2012

Paradise Pipe

Hello fellow pipe smokers!

If you smoke a pipe, this is your paradise. Well,at least a place where to get facts on tobacco pipe smoking, but also on nice cigars. However, cigarettes are left out of the picture. This is a blog to promote reflection and calm. Cigarettes are way to neurotic.

I have collected a series of tips in emails that through the years I have dispensed to friends who smoked a pipe or wanted to start smoking a pipe after hanging out with me. They said the calm and liturgy involved with smoking a pipe inspired them to abandon cigarette smoking in favor of a pipe.

And I am certainly glad about that. Pipe smoking is not a healthy hobby, but it certainly involves much less harm than smoking anything else, especially cigarettes. Moreover, it promotes thoughtfulness and calm. It is also often considered a pleasant habit even by those not smoking at all, sine pipe tobaccos are very flavorful and aromatic. As my wife likes to point out, subtle tobacco smoke reminds her an overcooked pie in the oven, while cigarettes give her the impression that someone is burning rubber tires in the backyard!

Now I want to publish those emails and even increase the number of tips to more and more people. I like it, it makes me feel good! And you can rest assured I will do it while happily smoking my pipe!

I'm glad you stopped by, and I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment